Need a New Year’s Resolution? Brenau’s annual Weight Loss Challenge will begin January 2020! At the end of the challenge, the employee who lost the highest percentage of weight will win a cash prize of $250. (No entry fee required to participate).
Jan. 6, 7, 8
Feb. 5, 6, 7 (The participant who is leading at this point will receive a prize).
March 11, 12, 13
All weigh-ins will be performed in the Human Resources Office. Email Kelley Maddox at ude.uanerb@xoddamk to schedule an appointment. It is preferable to weigh-in on the last day. However, if you cannot make it that day, two other days are available, as outlined above. All information will be kept confidential.
- Each participant will be required to weigh in at initial weigh-in, mid weigh-in and the final weigh-in in order to be eligible for prizes. Only dates listed above will be used as weigh-in dates.
- Employees from each campus are eligible to participate.
- Each participant will know where they placed in the rankings (i.e. you were fourth place out of 13).
- Names of participants will be shared with the participant group.
- Each Friday the group will meet at 4:15 p.m. to walk together as a group.
- The name of final winner will be posted in the Update.
- The winner will be determined by calculating the percentage of weight lost.
- This is a voluntary program. Each participant will sign a participation agreement.
Employees are encouraged to use the facilities on campus. The Brenau Fitness Center (free to all employees), the Brenau Mile and the Center for Health & Well-Being are all great options! Also, please take advantage of our on-site Hopkins Dining Hall offering healthy eating options at a great price: $5 for employees.
1st place: $250 cash prize
2nd place: $50 cash prize
Mid-weigh in: Gift card
Payout to winner: Awarded in March 2020.