Brenau University’s Gainesville campus is busy place, especially at the start of a new school year. Whether you walk, bike or drive, take time to remember and follow crosswalk safety guidelines.
If you are walking across campus:
- Always cross at marked crosswalks. Do not step out behind parked cars along the streets as drivers are not able to see you.
- Obey any pedestrian signals and look “left, right, left”
- If a vehicle approaches, make eye contact with the driver
- Look before walking past stopped vehicles
- Watch out for bicyclists
If you are on a bike:
- Yield to pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road; obey traffic signals and laws of the roadways
- Use extra caution as you transition between bike paths, roads and sidewalks
- Wear a helmet
If you are driving around campus:
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and at intersections
- Be prepared to stop
- Be alert for bicyclists and skateboarders
- Come to a complete stop
- Wait until pedestrians have crossed at least one lane past the lane you are in before resuming travel
- Never pass another vehicle that is stopped or is slowing down at a crosswalk
Thank you for helping make our university community a safe place.