The Brenau Staff Development Committee would like to thank everyone who participated in Hunger Awareness Week, March 5-9. Together we collected 713 pounds of food for the Georgia Mountain Food Bank, painted 11 bowls for their annual Empty Bowl Lunch (which will help provide up to 1,650 meals), and broke down two pallets worth of food to be distributed in the community.
We would also like to thank everyone who participated in our Food Drive Competition. The team from the library won the competition with the most points, 238, while the accounting office came in second, just edging the library out in volume with 134 items (equaling 189 points) to the library’s 128.
Here are the final team totals as of the final count on Friday, March 9. Additional items not included were brought in over the weekend before the bins were collected and some items that were brought directly to the food bank.
• Library – total items 128 (238 Points)
• Accounting – total items 134 (189 Points)
• College of Business and Mass Communication – total items 65 (116 Points)
• Student Services – total items 55 (99 Points)
• Occupational Therapy – total items 59 (99 Points)
• Executive Administration & Human Resources – total items 34 (52 Points)
• Registrar – total items 34 (44 Points)
• Communications – total items 5 (10 Points)
Thank you to everyone who helped to make this week possible and to bring a little more awareness to the Brenau community about the hunger many of our neighbors face every day.