If you are an administrator of the EMS calendar please submit a work order ticket to Information Technology for a software update. An update is now available and IT needs to know a good date and time to complete the upgrade on your computer. This upgrade is for anyone who has the EMS software loaded on their computers, including office managers and special events support staff.
You may have noticed that Google has updated the Compose Email feature in your email. Click here to learn more about how it works.
- Streamlined compose pane
- Check your mail while typing
- Formatting options appear only when you need them
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Drag and drop addresses
- Compose two messages at once
In an effort to stay on the leading edge of classroom instructional technology, in the coming weeks Brenau will be piloting a new device called the MondoPad (by InFocus) on the Gainesville and North Atlanta campuses (exact locations TBD). The MondoPad combines a high-quality, 55″ touchscreen surface with built-in audio and video technologies allowing it to serve multiple functions without the complexity and cost of a traditional projector-equipped classroom. If successful, this device may be implemented at each of the campuses to allow high-quality, productive collaboration for local and remote learners. Once installed, we will inform everyone of the locations and we will provide all instructors with training resources on how to use the devices.
Learn more http://www.infocus.com/mondopad
Do you need assistance in creating better course objectives? Do you want to know how you can use Canvas to create more effective courses? IT is here to help! Brenau’s Instructional Designer Dr. Devshikha Bose is holding one-on-one sessions with faculty to discuss just these subjects. This week’s focus is on the creation of enhanced course objectives, however she can assist with questions related to such topics as:
- Transferring current courses from Blackboard into Canvas
- Development of enhanced assessments – quizzes, assignments, projects etc.
- Alignment of course components to declared course objectives
- Evaluation of whether objectives match with assessment instruments
- Quality rubric development
- Making assignment expectations clear to students
- Delineating the sequence of instruction (from easy to difficult content)
- Measuring student satisfaction with course materials and delivery
- Making course materials more engaging through use of available technology
- Enhancing the quality of online collaborative learning
- Effective conversion of traditional face-to-face courses into an online format
Please contact the university Instructional Designer to schedule a one-on-one discussion. Send an email to Dr. Devshikha Bose at: ude.uanerb@ksedpleh