Annual staff performance evaluations are due to the HR Office by Friday, June 15.
If you are eligible for health coverage from Brenau but are unable to afford the premiums, some states have premium assistance programs that can help pay for coverage. If you or your dependents are NOT currently enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, and you think you or any of your dependents might be eligible for either of these programs, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office or dial 1-877-KIDS NOW or www.insurekidsnow.gov to find out how to apply.
Kelly from Cannon Financial will be on the Gainesville historic campus for her monthly retirement meetings on Thursday, June 14. She is also available to meet via phone for employees who work at other campus locations. To set up a time to meet with Kelly, please contact Kelley Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new hires are encouraged to meet with Kelly the first month of hire.
Vacation time expires Saturday, June 30. Should an employee have unused vacation time as of June 30, it will be transferred to the employee’s wellness leave.
Shirts from the 2018 Dempsey Dash are for sale in the HR Office for $5.00. Proceeds benefit the Wayne W. Dempsey Endowed Scholarship Fund. Contact Kelley Maddox at email@example.com for information.
Across the globe people observe World No Tobacco Day every May. The program encourages an international 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption.
In the spirit of World No Tobacco Day, Brenau’s Wellness Program is sponsoring our own tobacco awareness program called “Breathe Fresh, Smoke Less.”
Join the Breathe Fresh, Smoke Less Campaign on Thursday, May 24, in the Human Resources Lobby to sign the Tobacco-Free Pledge. After signing the pledge, those who are already tobacco-free, and those who plan to quit tobacco products will receive a gift. Lets see how many names we can get on the pledge board!
There are 15 afternoon appointments available on a first-come, first-serve basis for chair massages Wednesday, May 16, on the Gainesville historic campus. Each massage lasts for 10 minutes. To claim one of the appointments please be one of the first 15 to email Kelley Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All hourly employees are required to work their standard hours each week. Brenau University policy, FSG 4-03, states that you cannot take unpaid time off without prior approval from the Executive VP/CFO and then only for unforeseen emergencies. Likewise, hours worked over the employee’s standard work week regardless of whether or not it results in overtime pay must be approved in advance by the Executive VP/CFO.
It is the responsibility of the employee and the supervisor approving the time card to ensure that the time card is accurate prior to approval. The Payroll Office will process the employee’s payroll reflecting the time submitted and approved. Therefore, moving forward, the following procedures will be implemented:
- Employees who have not met their standard hours for the pay period will have vacation time charged to bring them up to the standard hours. If no vacation time is available, the unpaid time will be reported to the Human Resources and Executive VP/CFO.
- Employees who have wellness and/or vacation time on their time card that puts them over the standard hours for the week will have their wellness and/or vacation time adjusted to bring them down to the standard hours. Please make adjustments to your vacation and wellness time in advance of time card approval.
- Employees who have not received prior approval for hours above their standard hours will be reported to Human Resources and Executive VP/CFO.
- Employees who participate or volunteer for a Brenau sponsored event that includes lunch should work with their supervisors to ensure that 1 hour is deducted to account for the lunch hour. These events include but are not limited to the Who Dunnit Savanger Hunt and the Faculty/Staff Awards & Luncheon/Picnic.
- Employees who participate in a Brenau sponsored event that does not include lunch should remain on the clock.
The HR Office has 12 coupons for free admission to Frances Meadows Aquatic Center. Be the first to secure yours by emailing Kelley Maddox at email@example.com.
There are 15 afternoon appointments available on a first-come, first-serve basis for chair massages Wednesday, April 18, on the Gainesville campus. Each massage lasts for 10 minutes. To claim one of the appointments please be one of the first 15 to email Kelley Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.