There are 15 afternoon appointments available on a first-come, first-serve basis for chair massages Wednesday, July 18, on the historic Gainesville campus. Each massage lasts for 10 minutes. To claim one of the appointments please be one of the first 15 to email Kelley Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new payroll check request form has been posted for use.
Please be sure to check the ADP site under Forms Library for the latest forms rather than storing paper copies of forms.
The College of Fine Art’s & Humanities has an opening for Dean’s Assistant/Office Manager in Gainesville.
Refer to ADP Requisition ID # 1077 for full description. https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=eb269387-5359-4445-aeb7-9c9331227f69&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is required
- Must have excellent writing skills and computer skills
- Work experience in an academic setting is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support for the Dean of the College of Fine Arts and Humanities and the Dean of the Undergraduate School and serves as the Office Manager for the Department of Dance, the Department of Music, and the Department of Theater
- Maintains accurate records; assists with budgeting functions (such as ordering supplies and developing purchase orders)
- Assists with editing the web pages
- Uses the Calendar of Arts and Events to populate the Master Calendar
- Other duties as assigned
Fireworks are a staple at festivities for many Americans during the summer months. Unfortunately, many people do not realize just how dangerous fireworks and sparklers can be — which is a primary reason that injuries occur. In honor of National Fireworks Safety Month, which occurs from June 1 to July 4, take some time to familiarize yourself with the following safety suggestions to avoid accidents when using fireworks.
- Do not shoot fireworks off if you are under the influence of alcohol.
- Always have a hose or water bucket handy.
- Keep spectators a safe distance away.
- Show children how to properly hold sparklers, how to stay far enough away from other children and what not to do.
- Never try to relight a firework that didn’t properly ignite.
- Soak all firework debris in water before throwing it away.
- Do not carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them from metal or glass containers.
As a reminder, Brenau offices are closed on Wednesday, July 4, for the holiday.
Vacation is earned based on the number of years of employment at the university. On July 1 of each year, the maximum number of allowable days will be credited in full to each employee’s leave account. You may view your 2018-19 balance by following this path: ADP > Myself > Time Off > Time Off Balances.
For more information regarding leave and holidays, please visit the Faculty and Staff Guidelines 4-03 at ADP > Resources > Company Policies. Should you believe the time reflected on your check to be inaccurate, please contact Angie Graham in the Payroll Office at email@example.com or 770-538-4763.
There are 15 afternoon appointments available on a first-come, first-serve basis for chair massages Wednesday, June 20, on the Gainesville historic campus. Each massage lasts for 10 minutes. To claim one of the appointments please be one of the first 15 to email Kelley Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual staff performance evaluations are due to the HR Office by Friday, June 15.
If you are eligible for health coverage from Brenau but are unable to afford the premiums, some states have premium assistance programs that can help pay for coverage. If you or your dependents are NOT currently enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, and you think you or any of your dependents might be eligible for either of these programs, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office or dial 1-877-KIDS NOW or www.insurekidsnow.gov to find out how to apply.
Kelly from Cannon Financial will be on the Gainesville historic campus for her monthly retirement meetings on Thursday, June 14. She is also available to meet via phone for employees who work at other campus locations. To set up a time to meet with Kelly, please contact Kelley Maddox at email@example.com.
All new hires are encouraged to meet with Kelly the first month of hire.
Vacation time expires Saturday, June 30. Should an employee have unused vacation time as of June 30, it will be transferred to the employee’s wellness leave.