All hourly employees are required to work their standard hours each week. Brenau University policy, FSG 4-03, states that you cannot take unpaid time off without prior approval from the Executive VP/CFO and then only for unforeseen emergencies. Likewise, hours worked over the employee’s standard work week regardless of whether or not it results in overtime pay must be approved in advance by the Executive VP/CFO.
It is the responsibility of the employee and the supervisor approving the time card to ensure that the time card is accurate prior to approval. The Payroll Office will process the employee’s payroll reflecting the time submitted and approved. Therefore, moving forward, the following procedures will be implemented:
- Employees who have not met their standard hours for the pay period will have vacation time charged to bring them up to the standard hours. If no vacation time is available, the unpaid time will be reported to the Human Resources and Executive VP/CFO.
- Employees who have wellness and/or vacation time on their time card that puts them over the standard hours for the week will have their wellness and/or vacation time adjusted to bring them down to the standard hours. Please make adjustments to your vacation and wellness time in advance of time card approval.
- Employees who have not received prior approval for hours above their standard hours will be reported to Human Resources and Executive VP/CFO.
- Employees who participate or volunteer for a Brenau sponsored event that includes lunch should work with their supervisors to ensure that 1 hour is deducted to account for the lunch hour. These events include but are not limited to the Who Dunnit Savanger Hunt and the Faculty/Staff Awards & Luncheon/Picnic.
- Employees who participate in a Brenau sponsored event that does not include lunch should remain on the clock.
Questions can be directed to the Angie Graham at email@example.com or Holly Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention supervisors: when adjusting your employee’s time for this morning’s inclement weather, please use the regular pay code, not holiday.
If you have a full-time employee starting work at 8:30 a.m., regular hours should be entered from 8:30-11:30 a.m. This will provide your employee the 3 hours needed to make up for the inclement weather and their lunch break. When they clock in at 12:30 p.m. the remaining hours worked during the day will bring them up to 7.5 hours.
If your employee does not have an 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule or if you have part-time employees, you should consider the hours worked from 12:30 p.m. until their time out for the day and adjust the morning hours accordingly.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your employee’s hours are entered in the system correctly.
Please contact Angie Graham at email@example.com with any additional questions.
In preparation of our switch to ADP, all salaried employees need to turn in any outstanding absence request forms dated July 1 though Oct. 14 to the Payroll Office as soon as possible.
Love is in the Air
Let your staff and coworkers know how much you love their work on February 14th with a tray of sweets from the Staff Development Committee. Place your order by February 8th and we’ll deliver a tray of goodies to your office as a Valentine’s Day treat. Each tray will contain an array of delicious, homemade treats serving approximately 10 people! The cost per tray is $12.00. Fill out the order form at the link below or print it, fill it out, scan it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via campus mail to Holly Reynolds-Box 22. Payment is due at time of order by cash, check, credit card or G/L Account. All proceeds will go into the Staff Development Account to help fund events such as our ice-cream social, staff service awards, etc. Treat your faculty and staff and let them know that you think their work is pretty sweet!
Register for the bake sale here: https://docs.google.com/a/brenau.edu/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGxBdTFKdVc2T1RmV2FjdWYzVE1ZZVE6MQ
This year W2s will be delivered electronically. On January 29th you will receive an email sent to your Brenau email address from MyPDFTaxForms.com.
This is not spam.
Please do not attempt to log in until you receive this email. Upon clicking the “I accept to receive my tax document electronically” link in the email your activation code will automatically populate in the correct field of the online form. Please follow the small print at the bottom of the MyPDFTaxForm email to receive a paper copy of your W2. When prompted for a taxpayer ID, please enter your Social Security number. You will be asked to create a log in, password, and security question. Once completed, you will have access to your W2 electronically for a minimum of three years.
Please contact Holly Reynolds at 770-531-3134 or email@example.com with any problems with your log on.
W2s will be delivered electronically this year.
By Jan. 31, you will receive in your inbox an email from MyPDFTaxForms.com.
This is not spam.
When prompted for a taxpayer ID, please enter your Social Security number. You will be asked to create a log in, password, and security question. Once completed, you will have access to your W2 electronically for a minimum of three years.
Please contact Holly Reynolds at 770-531-3134 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You may also request a paper copy of your W2.
In 2013 the Social Security tax is increasing from 4.2% to 6.2%. If you notice a decrease in your paycheck beginning with the weekly check dated 1/4/13, this is likely the reason.