The Research Symposium will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Friday, April 5, and we are looking for moderators to help run the sessions.
Moderators are responsible for introducing the presenters, making sure they stay within their allotted amount of time, and asking a question or two to get some discussion going if there aren’t any questions coming from the audience.
Most sessions have three presentations and each session is 50 minutes long. Please contact Kelly Peters (ude.uanerb@1sretepk) if you are interested in moderating one of the following sessions.
Patient Support PT 127, 1-1:50 p.m.
- An Examination of the Correlates of Social Media Usage Among Older Adults
- Cervical Cancer Incidences & Mortality Rates In African-American Women
- Identifying Caregiver ADL Training Needs
Post-War Fashion Meeting Room A, 2-2:50 p.m.
- 1920s Flapper Dress Reinterpreted
- Practical Women’s Clothing: Comparing the Flapper Look and Utility Look
- Women’s Daytime Dress 1941-1945
Economics PT 127, 2-2:50 p.m.
- Impact of Exports and Imports on Economic Growth
- Yield Spread as an Indicator of Investment Opportunity
Fashion Accessories Meeting Room A 3-3:50 p.m.
- Headwear of the 20th Century
- The Evolution of Swimwear in the 20th Century
- Walking Through History: Changes in Women’s Spring and Summer Daytime
- Shoes Sold in Sears Catalogs 1934-1955
Media PT 122, 3-3:50 p.m.
- Exploration of Drag in TV and Film
- Nuka Cola, Tourist’s Delight, and You! Apocalyptic Tourism and Critical
- Dystopias in Post-9/11 Open World Video Games
- The Endurance of Game Shows and Reality Tv in Global Media
Community Engagement PT 127, 3-3:50 p.m.
- Beyond Dementia — Seeing, Caring, Connecting: education and conversation on how faith communities can support people with dementia and their caregivers
- Hall County, GA Adult Community Health Snapshot — Phase 2
- Year Two Results from the Gainesville-area Fall Prevention Expo
20th Century Fashion Meeting Room A, 4-4:50 p.m.
- 20th-Century Fashion Illustrations
- Re-Envisioning the Past: A 1930s Fashion Lookbook
- Skirts of the 1950s: Circle Skirts, Poodle Skirts and Pencil Skirts
Environmental PT 122, 4-4:50 p.m.
- Care and Maintenance Of Medicinal Leeches (Hirudo Medicinalis) Under Controlled Laboratory Conditions
- The environmental impact of the tourism industry in the Yucatán Peninsula
- The Plight of the Bumble Bee: What You Can Do to Help Bee and Pollinator Populations Survive
Workplace Environment PT 127, 4-4:50 p.m.
- Establishing the need for a second victim’s support program at a metropolitan Atlanta hospital
- Social Engagement in Educational Facility Design
- The Involvement of Women in Motorsport Media