With Aramark’s continual pursuit to provide sustainable solutions, Facilities has entered into a partnership with Georgia Pacific to provide Compact® coreless toilet tissue and dispensers.
Here are some points below around the sustainability of Compact®:
- 95 percent less packaging compared to traditional standard roll bath tissue by eliminating cardboard cores, outer wraps and corrugated materials
- Contains at least 25 percent post-consumer recycled fiber and meets or exceeds EPA Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
- No core allows for nearly 100 percent toilet paper usage and eliminates stub roll waste
- USDA Certified Biobased product
- UL ECOLOGO Certified: Certified for reduced environmental impact. View specific attributes evaluated at UL.COM/EL UL-175
- Meets Green Seal Standard GS-1 based on chlorine free processing, energy and water efficiency, and content of 100 percent recovered material, with a minimum of 25 percent post-consumer material
- Gives 6x the capacity of standard 2-ply rolls of tissue (less run out)
Later this week, Georgia Pacific will begin changing out the tissue dispensers in most common restrooms. In addition to helping our housekeeping staff standardize our product delivery, this will help us provide a more uniform appearance throughout our facilities. Thank you and may everyone have a
great school year.
Learn more about Compact Coreless Sustainability (PDF).