Amanda Lammers selected for CIC presidential vocation program

Amanda Lammers, vice president for student services, is one of 20 senior college administrators selected by the Council of Independent Colleges to participate in a year-long Presidential Vocation and Institutional Mission program for prospective college and university presidents.

The seminar-based program is designed to help individuals with the potential to serve as university presidents align their personal and professional goals and the missions of institutions that they might lead in the future. The program aims to produce presidencies that are long lasting, highly effective and satisfying to both the individual and the institution. Lammers was nominated by President Schrader to participate in the program.

I became interested in the program because I aspire to be a college president one day,” she said. “I realized this was within the realm of possibility as I pursued my doctorate in higher education administration. I’m so passionate about what I do that I want to make certain my values align with the role of president.”

Participants will engage in two seminars, consultations with experienced facilitators, and a series of readings about the vocation of college presidents and the role of vision and mission in institutional leadership.

One Reply to “Amanda Lammers selected for CIC presidential vocation program”