We are entering peak flu season. Here are a few tips from Health Services.
To help stop the spread of germs:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
The flu is different from a cold. It usually comes on suddenly. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea
If you or someone else is experiencing any of these symptoms, please come to the clinic ASAP. Health Services offers free flu testing, no appointment needed.