From Monday, Oct. 30, through Friday, Nov. 3, Brenau will celebrate International Week with a special focus on the country of Ghana. As part of this exciting week, the international not-for-profit organization, CARE, will be on our campus to share the work that they do in Ghana.
There will be interactive stations on Monday, Oct. 30, from 5- 6 p.m. in Yonah Lobby and a discussion with CARE Ghana staff at 6 p.m. in Thurmond McRae. We invite all to attend these special opportunities to connect with this amazing organization. Additionally, we are proud to partner with CARE Ghana to encourage members of the Brenau community to make personal donations through Venmo to further support their work and deepen the impact they are able to make.
Give a “high-five” in support of women’s empowerment and girl’s education work in Ghana by donating $5 or more in the month of October.
When: Oct. 16–30
What: #highfive in support of CARE’s work in Ghana
Where: Venmo – @CAREGhana (Brenau International week)
The organization or department who raises the most funds will be recognized on Monday, Oct. 30, 6 p.m. in McRae hall. Be sure to include your email and organization/department name on Venmo when you donate.
Here are examples of the impact your donation will make when you give a #highfive:
- $5 can provide 10 purification sachets to treat 714 liters of water
- $10 can provide food for one person, for one month.
- $16 can provide a textbook to four students in need
- $18 can supply three hygiene promotion/support kits with necessary items for personal sanitation.
- $21 can provide training on VSLAs and business management and linkage to formal savings and credit services for one woman
- $29 can provide one household with a pair of chickens (a hen and a rooster) for breeding.