Are you planning to do research this year? Will you be supervising student research projects? Make sure to check if you need approval from Brenau’s Institutional Review Board before beginning your data collection.
Any research involving human subjects may require review and approval from the IRB before data collection can begin. Make sure to check out the intranet site, https://intranet.brenau.edu/institutional-review-board/, where you can find charts to help you determine if your research requires IRB approval and what type of approval it requires.
Once there you can also download the updated IRB Protocol Application and review samples of previously approved studies.
All applications must be submitted by the research project’s faculty advisor, known as the principle investigator, through IRBNet, two weeks before the committee meeting date in order to be reviewed. No submissions coming directly from students will be reviewed.
IRBNet training sessions will be offered on Tuesday, Sept. 26, and Thursday, Sept. 28, from 1-2 p.m. in Redwine Technology Lab 106 in the Trustee Library on the Gainesville campus.
Submission Deadlines and IRB Committee Review meeting dates are below
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017)
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2017 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017)
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2017 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017)
- Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018)
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018)
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 6, 2018)
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 (Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 27, 2018)
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 (Submission Deadline: Thursday, April 26, 2018)
If you have any questions regarding IRB submissions, please contact Kelly Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.