StaffChat: Payroll Coordinator Angie Graham

Payroll Coordinator Angie Graham came to Brenau more than seven years ago as a temp, but today she’s an integral part of the Brenau family.

In November 2009, Graham accepted a temp position in accounts payable after being out of work for almost eight months.

“I took the position in hopes that something would come open full-time,” she said. “In March of 2010, I was hired full time as cash receipts clerk. In July 2015, the payroll coordinator position was available and I accepted the offer and made the transfer.”

Today, Graham’s favorite part of her job is being able to talk to faculty, staff and students daily.

“My job at Brenau is very important to me in the fact that I work with a group of people who care for each other and this community,” she said. “Being able to answer any questions they may have and just the day to day interaction with others is something I truly enjoy.”

She is a native of Blairsville, Georgia, and graduated from Union County High School. She and her husband, Jeff, married in 1986 and moved to Gainesville a year later for work. They have three children, one grandson and a grandbaby due in October. Her husband is pastor of Celebration Church in Clermont and plant manager of Tatsumi Intermodal Inc., a shipping company for Kubota.

Graham is especially proud of her children. Her oldest son is a welder in Blairsville, while the younger a fireman for Hall County Fire Services and a praise and worship leader. Her daughter is a special education teacher at West Hall Middle School, the children’s director at Celebration Church and a wedding coordinator.

Graham has taken a few accounting classes in her time at Brenau, which has helped further her education in the accounting field. Beyond Brenau, church and family “is my life,” she said.

“I enjoy spending time in worship at church and with my family sowing into their lives the love that Christ has shown me,” Graham said.