The Spring Research Symposium will be held in the Brenau Downtown Center on Friday, March 24, 2017 and we are looking for outstanding projects to showcase from both students and faculty. Proposals for both individual and group presentations as well as full panels will be considered. The Research Symposium Committee is accepting abstract submissions through Feb. 15, but don’t wait until the last minute to submit your abstract, as only a limited number of presentations will be accepted.
The theme of this year’s Research Symposium is “Conversations in the Global Community,” which will be explored through research presentations in the following topic areas:
- Community – Service Learning, Engagement
- Interventions – Impose Upon, Interfere, Alter a Course of Action
- Innovations and Improvements- Genius, “The New”, Change for the Better
- Trends and Transformations – What Is/ Was Happening, Group Considerations and Beliefs, Dramatic or Protracted Changes, Metamorphoses
- Assessments – Literature Reviews, Measurements, Comparisons
- Discoveries and Inquiries – Finding, Surprises, Illuminations, Formulating Queries Not Yet Answered, Processes Leading to Investigation
- Justice and Ethics- Right and Wrong, Legality and the Law, Correction
- Agency – Choice, Election, Empowerment
- Intersections – Meetings, Connections, Combinations
- Reconstruction – Rebuilding, New From Old, Recreating / Simulating
- Gender – Biology, Sociology, Politics, Etc.
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words. The submission forms are on Brenau’s Research Symposium site, https://intranet.brenau.edu/institutional-review-board/research-symposium/.
Submission is open to all Brenau students and faculty, however, we request that students submit their abstract proposals to their project faculty advisor for approval using the Word template located at https://intranet.brenau.edu/download/graduate-and-undergraduate-abstract-submission-form/ and that the final abstracts be submitted by the faculty advisors via the Formstack Submission Form at https://brenau.formstack.com/forms/annual_symposium_research_form.
All Abstract submissions must be received by Feb. 15 to be considered for the Spring Symposium.
We look forward to seeing the variety of quality projects that the Brenau community has in store for us.