Need a New-Year’s Resolution? Brenau’s annual weight loss contest begins in January 2017. At the end of challenge the employee who lost the most weight by percent will win a cash prize of $500. There is no entry fee required to participate.
The initial weigh-ins will take place on Jan. 4, 5 and 6. Mid-contest weigh-ins will take place Feb. 8, 9 and 10. The participant who is leading after the mid-contest weight-in will receive a $20 cash prize. The final weigh-ins will be March 15, 16 and 17.
All weigh-ins will be performed in the Human Resources Office on the Gainesville historic campus. Email Kelley at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. It is preferable to weigh-in on the last day, March 17. If you cannot make it that day March 15 and 16 appointments are also available. All information will be kept confidential.
- Each participant will be required to weigh-in at all three weigh-ins to be eligible for prizes. Only dates listed above will be used as weigh-in dates.
- Each participant will know where they placed in the rankings (i.e. you were 4th place out of 13).
- Names of participants will be shared with the participant group
- Each Friday the group may meet at 4:15 p.m. to walk the Brenau Mile together.
- The name of final winner will be posted in the HR Newsletter.
- Winners will be determined by calculating the percentage of weight lost.
- This is a voluntary program. Each participant will sign a participation agreement.
Employees are encouraged to use the facilities on campus, including the Fitness Center, which is free to all employees, the Brenau Mile and the Center for Health and Wellbeing. Also, please take advantage of the Hopkins Dining Hall, which offers healthy eating options for only $5 for employees.
1st place: $500.00 cash prize
2nd place: $110.00 cash prize
3rd place: $50.00 cash prize
Mid-weigh in: $20.00 cash prize
Prizes will be awarded in April 2017.