The beginning of a new academic year is the perfect time for all faculty, staff and students to enroll in or check their settings for the university’s e2Campus Alerts system that automatically will send you vital information in case of an emergency. The would include class cancellations or other weather-related changes in schedules and operations on all the university campuses. Since the system is “opt-in,” you will need to log in and tell it how you want to receive information – text, email, calls to home and mobile phones, voice messages or all of the above.
To learn more or to sign up, visit http://www.e2campus.com/my/
Please keep the following in mind when you sign up for the service:
- All Brenau students are required to register with the service to ensure that they receive emergency notices.
- When you first sign up, your account is verified by sending a code to your cell phone via a text message. If you would prefer to register using an email address, just click the “Click here to sign up using email only” link at the bottom of the sign-up page. Use the method most convenient for you.
- When creating your account, be sure to select the alert groups (Gainesville, South Atlanta, Augusta, etc.) that are relevant to you so that the alerts can be more targeted towards the affected persons.
- Maintaining your e2Campus account data is your responsibility. If your cell numbers or email addresses change, it is your responsibility to update them via the e2Campus system (a link will remain on the intranet).
- Once you create an account, please register your Brenau email address and any non-Brenau email addresses such as a Gmail, Hotmail or other account that you may use outside of the university. The system will send it to all of them.
- When you sign up for the service, you will also be asked for an “opt-out date.” This is the date when you would like to be removed from the system automatically. For students, this would be your expected graduation date, etc. Please keep in mind that you may change this date at any time. And, like some of you need to do now, you will have to periodically update your account to push the date farther out.
If you have additional questions: please email the Helpdesk at email@example.com