Bruce Burch Shares Stories and Music at Peach State Bank

Brenau Artist-in-Residence Bruce Burch spoke and signed copies of his book “Songs that Changed Our Lives” at the Peach State Bank and Trust Friday afternoon. He read passages from his book – chapters of which have been included in the Chicken Soup for the Soul inspirational book series. Burch recounted stories from his life: how he got into music, his days working in Nashville, and his first meeting with fellow songwriter John Jarrard. Burch now organizes the annual John Jarrard concert series in his loving memory.

“I want to thank Susan Williams for all she did to make this happen. She went above and beyond to set this up,” said Burch. “And I also thank Abit Massey – he has been longtime friends with me and my parents, and he’s always come out to visit them.”

Burch also played a sample of the songs he has written, including “I Got It Honest” recorded by Aaron Tippin  and “Wine into Water” originally recorded by T. Graham Brown and recently included on country legend Loretta Lynn’s latest album Full Circle.

“Music moves people,” Burch said, quoting from his book. “It touches them in a way no other art form can. A song has the ability to make the listener laugh, cry, perhaps think or dream – and it can even evoke love when it is least expected.”