Kelly Spain Appointed Augusta Campus Director

Kelly Spain, academic advising coordinator and office manager on the Gainesville campus for the Department of Mathematics & Science since 2012, started a new position last week as the director of the Augusta campus.

“The transition has been very easy,” Spain said. “A lot of the things I learned as the advising coordinator, I have been able to transfer into this new role.”

Spain said one of her biggest goals as the new campus director is building local partnerships – particularly, those that help meet the needs of the university’s military veteran students.

“I’m really looking forward to getting the Brenau name out in the community,” Spain said. “I have lots of ideas and my wheels are turning. I am really excited about all of the opportunities we have here in Augusta.”

Before coming to Brenau, Spain was an adolescent therapist, a case manager for Hall County Division of Family and Children Services and the executive branch director of Georgia Mountains YMCA.

“Kelly embodies a natural knack to motivate others to reach their fullest potential personally and professionally,” said  Associate Provost Crystal Toombs. “She will not only exceed the expectations of this position, but also will contribute extensively to the continued growth and success of the Augusta campus and the mission of Brenau University.”