Welcome New Alumni Director Ashley Carter!

Ashley Carter, Brenau’s new alumni director, is quite familiar with the campus – that’s because she received her bachelor’s and master’s degree from the university. 

Carter, who graduated with a BBA in marketing in 2009 and an MBA in healthcare management in 2012, took over as the director of alumni & constituent engagement last week.

Carter worked for two years at Northeast Georgia Health System as a patient-care technician and unit secretary and for three years as a health careers coordinator for the Foothills Area Health Education Center. “During my time at AHEC, there was event planning, scheduling clinical shadowing for a four-week onsite program, managing and organizing clinical placements for a 31-county region,” she said. “I think there have been many skills attained and experiences over the past 10 years that will directly relate to the responsibilities I will have here at Brenau.”

For years, Carter said she has dreamed of returning to campus.

“I’ve always had it in the back of my mind to come back home,” she said. “It will be awesome to be on the other side of alumnae weekend and May Day, helping plan it and coming up with new ways to reach out to the alumni body. I am already excited for April.”

You can read more about our new alumni director at https://www.brenau.edu/news/grad-returns-to-campus-as-new-alumni-director/.