Amanda Buono receives AOTA certification

Congratulations to Brenau instructor Amanda Buono, who recently received American Occupational Therapy Association Pediatric Board Certification.

The designation is extraordinarily rare, with just one percent of all licensed occupational therapy practitioners receiving it.

“Certification is a rigorous process in which candidates must demonstrate significant clinical experience along with demonstration of advanced practice competencies as documented through a very extensive portfolio process,” said School of Occupational Therapy Director Dr. Barbara A. Boyt Schell.

Buono, who also holds a B.S. and M.S. in Occupational Therapy from Brenau, said although the certification process was lengthy, it also gave her an opportunity to reflect upon her practice and refine her philosophy on pediatrics care.

“This certification demonstrates to outside agencies and prospective students that I maintain the high standards of expertise and leadership set by my peers in the School of Occupational Therapy,” Buono said. “As I focus on teaching clinical skills to our students, I am now able to offer them the foundations that can change how they see people in practice.”