The Office of Human Resources is in need of a full-time Office Manager to begin immediately. Any internal candidates please contact Kelley Maddox at email@example.com before Friday, June 5.
Experience– Prior experience working in higher education a plus; must demonstrate proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.).
Judgment– Use of sound judgment in all situations and the ability to work with confidential information is imperative.
Personal Qualities– Must present a high level of professionalism and discretion; present strong interpersonal skills; be able to work independently; assess employees’ needs and react appropriately to their requests; have a strong desire to work with people; have excellent judgment regarding the prioritization of assigned tasks; be detail-oriented; have the ability to multi-task in an environment that can change daily; be committed to the core values and mission of the University.
Responsibilities for the Office of Human Resources:
- answering the HR telephone line and returning voicemail messages promptly
- auditing and processing monthly insurance invoices
- assisting with the employment process including: training on Applicant Stack, posting jobs on internal and external job boards, sending rejection letters, returning phone calls from candidates, etc.
- processing new-hire paperwork
- updating the Master Calendar and the HR intranet site
- creating and updating the Faculty & Staff Phone Directory
- preparation of and completion of surveys such as IPEDS, AAUP, etc.
- preparation of the vacation/sick accrual report
- updating the campus web directory and the campus web address system
- performing clerical tasks such as word processing, copying, filing, scanning, faxing, etc.
- performing various assigned tasks in the absence of the HR Director
- handling the entire hiring process for adjunct instructors
- retrieving mail from the campus Post Office daily
- completing other duties and projects as assigned (as needed)
Environmental and Working Conditions:
Normal environment found in an office and/or educational setting.
40 hours per week, generally Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Hours may be extended or adjusted to meet the needs of the department(s).