The Brenau IT department recently completed an update of the Intranet to a new design and platform. The Intranet has used the same design and technology for roughly the past eight years and this change comes with many advancements.
- Better performance (site uses continuously updated technology and is fully optimized for speed)
- Consistent branding (site themes can now be synchronized between internal and external Brenau sites giving a more seamless browsing experience)
- Better uptime (site is hosted externally so outages in Gainesville will not affect Intranet access for external users)
- Better security (external hosting also prevents vulnerabilities affecting the internal network)
- Mobile ready (the new site is mobile-ready and adjusts its presentation to match smartphones and tablets when applicable)
- Easier authentication (some links, like human resources, will require you to authenticate but you can now use your Google email account to access those links with a single click rather than having to use your network credentials)