SVP Scott Briell Moves to Iowa Wesleyan

Brenau Senior Vice President Scott Briell announced Jan. 14 that he will leave the university in mid-March to accept the position as senior vice president for enrollment and communications at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mt. Pleasant.

Briell said he is looking for a new challenge in “building a best practices enrollment management program from the ground up” at an institution that has never before had an executive-level enrollment management function.

Scott Briell
Scott Briell

During his time at Brenau, enrollment grew by close to a thousand students with both the Women’s College and the entire university undergraduate and graduate populations reaching high-water marks. He praised Brenau President Ed Schrader as a “great mentor and friend” as well as his “exceptional staff” for building the success.

Here is Briell’s complete “Message to the Brenau Family” concerning his imminent departure:

“As some of you have may have heard, I recently informed Dr. Schrader that I would be leaving Brenau in mid-March. It was a difficult decision, but after serving Brenau for more than a decade, I decided that it was time for a change and new challenges. I will be joining Iowa Wesleyan College as the senior vice president for enrollment and communications. Iowa Wesleyan has never had an executive level enrollment position and they need assistance in building a best practices enrollment management program.
I want thank Ed Schrader for all that he has done for me and my family. He has been the best “boss” that I have had in my life and has been a great mentor and friend. Brenau University has prospered under his leadership and her future is bright.

I have been fortunate to have a great staff. Pam Barrett, Nathan Goss, Redenna Poole, Amanda Lammers and Tiffany Adams have developed into leaders who make me proud. Somehow, Donna Gibson has put up with me for more than eight years and I cherish our time together. The entire enrollment management and students services staff has been an exceptional team to work with and I have been honored to call them my colleagues. They will be missed.

Some say that the best measure of your professional success boils down to a simple question: Are you leaving the place better than you found it? From our work together, Brenau has grown by more than a thousand students in the last decade and we serve our students with compassion while challenging them to live purposeful lives. While I think that we can always do better, it ain’t bad…

Please come by the office in the next few months to catch up. It has been an honor to serve you and Brenau.”