The Office of Admissions at Brenau University is accepting nominations and applications for 2 open positions as Graduate Admissions Specialist at our Gainesville location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit graduate students
- Establish contact with inquiries and maintain contact through the application process by the use of e-mail, telephone, visits and other appropriate activities designed to move the student to enrolled status
- When appropriate, coordinate dialogue between the prospective students, schools and departments, Student Services and the Office of Financial Aid
- Use data from previous years to assist supervisor in establishing travel plans for the assigned territory or area of responsibility
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in visitations and open-house activities
- Assist with office activities including mailings, data entry, and file maintenance
- Evaluate application files and make recommendations for admissions
- Assist with scheduling tours and other appointments
- Send directions etc to those visiting campus
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Act as a liaison to academic departments
- First semester advising for students to assist in the transition to Brenau
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Job Skills
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to sell effectively, honestly, and openly.
- Must be able to relate very well to prospective students of all ages, and where appropriate to their families.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and display a high level of dedication to the University and to the task of selling the University to the public.
- Must provide the prospective students the highest level of customer service and support while abiding by the policies of Brenau University and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Must arrive to work punctually. Office hours may vary based on appointment times with potential students and other constituents.
- Must dress professionally
- Must use sick and vacation leave appropriately; comp time is not typically given, as this is a 40+ position.
- Must foster an atmosphere of positive teamwork
Masters degree and work experience in the field in which the employee will be recruiting required.
- Must possess the ability to recognize the appropriate procedure to apply to each situation encountered.
- Must maintain confidentiality of student records and conversations.
Full-time staff, 12 months
Internal applicants should apply via email to Nathan Goss, Executive Director for Recruitment at email@example.com. (Deadline to apply: April 23rd).