Brenau University Center for Health & Wellbeing has an immediate opening for a University Counselor. Qualified applicants must hold a minimum Master´s Degree in counseling, social work or closely a related mental health field and be licensed or license-eligible in the State of Georgia. Applicants must have the desire and ability to work with college-aged individuals; experience in working with issues common among college students such as substance abuse, mood disorders, sexual abuse/trauma, and eating disorders; and professional experience as an administrator in a mental health setting is preferred.
The applicant selected for the position will be expected to:
· Provide an immediate response to emergency situations and consultation with faculty and/or staff.
· Screen individual students to determine whether the student is in need of specialized mental health treatment and make appropriate referrals for such treatment.
· Coordinate ongoing mental health and wellness programming with specific populations and the general student body.
· Provide direct service (individual and/or group counseling) within an appropriate scope of practice for University Students, including assessment, referral and brief treatment. Generally individual student appointments are limited to three appointments before referral to an outside counselor/agency.
· Provide advocacy for student issues as needed. Work with other departments on campus to address systemic issues that affect students.
· Provide after-hours emergency coverage for residential students having a mental health crisis.
· Provide training, guidance and support for professional and paraprofessional staff with regard to helping students.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with other mental health professionals in community to help facilitate the referral process.
· Fulfill requirements to maintain licensure status.
Job openings at Brenau University are posted and updated daily at alum.brenau.edu/hr/jobs.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012