As in years before, Brenau will host a Faculty Summit in 2012. The 2-day event runs Friday, Feb. 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Thurmond-McRae Lecture Hall (TMLH). A light breakfast will be provided on Saturday.
Faculty of any status, full-time, part-time, and adjunct, are invited. You may attend on the main campus at TMLH or remotely via Wimba. A variety of workshops will cover the following topics:
· Using Facebook as a Department
· Making the Most of Google Mail and Google Documents
· “Online Learning – Does it Make the Grade?”
· Class Activities for Critical Thinking
· “Reacting to the Past” Update
· Learning Strategies for Students
· Blackboard Q & A
Door prizes include a chance to win: one of 2 iPad 2´s; one of 4 How People Learn from the Committee on Learning Research & Educational Practice; one of 4 copies of Think Critically by Peter Facione; one of 4 copies of Academically Adrift by Richard Arum. Additional door prizes are available. You must be present to win.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011