Women's College graduate accepted to Medical School

WomenHonors student and Brenau graduate Audra Cochran, WC”2011, has been accepted to the Mercer School of Medicine Class of 2016. She will start her medical studies in August 2012. Mercer University is one of America┬┤s oldest and most distinctive institutions of higher learning, offering rigorous programs that span the undergraduate liberal arts to doctoral-level degrees. “The School of Medicine is located in Macon,” Audra said, “only about an hour”s drive from my family, and the Medical Center ofCentral Georgia (the school”s sister hospital) is the second largest hospital in the state. The local community and the school itself has a warm, friendly atmosphere, much like Brenau, and I feel like I”ve found a new home.”

Dean of Health & Science Gale Starich said about her program acceptance: “We”re very proud of Audra”s accomplishment. Audrey is a stellar example of a student athlete, she performed brilliantly in her classes while maintaining an athletic career. And beyond all that, she had time to gain clinical experience. We know Audra will grow to be an excellent physician and a great representative of Brenau.”

Cochran is encouraging current Brenau students who are considering entering the medical field to get in touch with her and exchange views. “Brenau students who are pre-med/pre-dental/pre-pharm can contact me at my email address acochran@tiger.brenau.edu — yep, I still use it!”

If you go to see a doctor somewhere in North Georgia after 2016, and she”s wearing a tiger emblem on her name tag, it”s a good bet you”ve found Audra Cochran.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011