Each Fall the Staff Development Committee organizes a required FERPA
training to assist our staff members in handling private and sensitive
information (social security numbers, grades, financial records, etc).
This training is required for all staff as part of our SACS accreditation.
This year’s training will be offered for STAFF:
* Complete the FERPA Training Online from Wednesday, September 21
(after lunch) through Tuesday, October 4. Just review the PowerPoint,
take the quick assessment (no grade, just a yes you completed it!) and you
are done. This will fulfill your requirement for FERPA training.
Our Director of Student Records and Registrar, Barbara Wilson, has created
an online version for your convenience. This also allows for participation
of our distance campuses in North Atlanta, South Atlanta, Augusta and
Here are the instructions to enter the class site…
1) go to http://blackboard.brenau.edu/
2) Click LOGIN
3) Use your Brenau e-mail login and password:
User Name – the first letter of your first name and your last name (example: lshaw )
Password – the first letter of your first name, 6 digit birthday, first letter of last name, 1, ! (example: l1234s1!)
4) You will see a Welcome page. Look on the far right and find a link for FERPA Training
5) Click FERPA and look for the word STAFF on the left hand side.
6) Click STAFF and follow the prompts.
If you have any problems, questions or concerns please call the Online
College-Jill Fitzgerald at ext. 3125, or Melissa Holman at ext. 5327.
Friday, September 16, 2011